4sponser

Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Heart Belongs to Sanibel

My best friends are on Sanibel Island right now.  We work together and she takes my place when I am not there so we can't be off together for any length of time.  Can I just tell you that stinks to high heaven right about now.  All I can think about is how badly I want to be there.  This is Dawn and Sherry's first trip to Sanibel Island and I so wanted to be able to show them around.  Luckily, Dawn's daughter Gwynne and her husband Chris are with them and they spent a few days on the Island last year as a wedding gift from me.  STILL...I want to be there.......*big tears*

Naturally I am stalking facebook for any pictures that they upload.  And with all the strength I can muster I am not calling every five minutes asking "what are you doing now?"  "What are you seeing?"  "Where did you eat?"............you get the picture..lol

So what's a girl to do but go through her pictures from trips past.  I am sharing today some of the pictures that I took.


This is a shot from my bedroom window of our condo at Ocean's Reach.  Simple point and shoot shot using a zoom.  Isn't the water color absolutely beautiful?  It changed every five minutes and each change was just as gorgeous as the last.


This was an early morning shot as the sun lit up the clouds.   So pretty and serene.


Zoomed in for this shot - it didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped.  Do you have that problem?  i guess I should use a tripod for really zoomed in shots to reduce blur but who wants to lug around a tripod?  Not this chick! 



Another morning shot - that is the first thing I did upon waking.  Grab my camera and hit the window in the bedroom to see what the day was bringing. 


Well that's it for now - The French open is on and my favorite tennis player is winning the championship - must go watch!!  GO RAFA!!!!


Linking with dwellable

41 comments:

  1. Lovely!!! Looks like a fabulous place to spend a holiday! Is the water warm?

    I particularly love your parting phrase... VAMOS RAFA!!!! indeed! ;o) I missed out on the 3rd set (which Djokovic won) because I was watching it during a barbecue with friends and they switched the channel to Spain's first football match in the Euro in Poland... *sigh* But at least "thanks" to that rain delay I can watch the end tomorrow! ;o) Am looking forward to Rafa making tennis history by being the first person to win Roland Garros 7 times!!! :o)

    cheers!

    PS: I came in via the Linky party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the water is warm!

      I have to work tomorrow so I will miss the rest of the match..sigh...but am glad to have you cheering our boy on to victory, please, please!!

      Thank you for stopping by - it made my day!!

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful spot. I can see why you would want to be there with your friends. Thanks ever so much for linking up to Sunny Simple Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful place!!!! I love any day that I can spend on a beach. We gave up our Florida vacation in trade of a high school tuition down payment - looking at the photos of years past makes me really long to be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a beautiful place. But priorities are just that and sometimes we have to make sacrifices. But it doesn't make us. Iss it any less. I have to wait until October to go back. Seems like such a long time.

      Delete
  4. I am sobbing with you.... We couldn't afford our yearly trip there this year and I miss it so much. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping to be able to go in October - getting ready to go to OR in two weeks. I travel with my brother (we are both divorced so we make good travel partners) and he wanted to see something different. So off to the cool/cold west coast we will go. Still sobbing inside.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha...a funny confession. gorgeous pictures, i have never been their but have friends there. they live there year round!!

    the last 2 images were my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i forgot to say that i ADORE the name of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Debbie - Girl, if I had friends who lived on the Island I'd be knocking on their door at least 4 times a year!! I like the shots of your alpacas too. I'm kinda like you a straight out of the camera girl. I did some color saturation on the above photos but most of mine are unedited. You have to see my unedited clematis picture from one of my earlier posts. It is one of my best and one of the pelican. Both sooc!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain! My heart belongs to Sanibel also! I have only been there once but it stole my heart for sure. The most amazing place! I have it on my bucket list to return there one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does that to you, steals your heart right away from you. I hope you get to go back

      Delete
  10. I love sunsets on the water. Great pics, found you from Sunny Simple Sundays linky party

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, those pics are stunning. What a place! =) Thanks so much for visiting The Latest Find and for your comment! Now following your site, hope you're having a good week!
    www.TheLatestFind.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live about 30 minutes from Sanibel so I try to get there as often as I can. You have captured some beautiful scenery. Loved my visit here to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary, I would be there all the time!!! Thanks - I am glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  13. ahhh..that sure does look like paradise. Thanks so much for sharing with the newbie party. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been to this area, and your photos really make me want to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite places on the planet! I love your photography and have added your blog to my sidebar.

      Delete
  15. I love your shots of the palm trees, beach and ocean. Gorgeous! I'd love a trip to Sanibel this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be cool if you and me and Kaybe and Pam could get together in Oct while I'm there

      Delete
  16. I moved to NZ 6 years ago and simply adore the beaches and skies. They are always such lovely subjects for my camera and yours are simply wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such gorgeous shots! I have never been, but looks like a wonderful place to be! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pics...I have never been here...looks like I need to add it to my list. Thanks for asking about the coastal bottles...I will be sure to get back with you about the prices...I'm thinking they are around $14-$20 each.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel your pain. Right now my daughter and her hubby are in Punta Cana while I stayed behind to watch her children! We're having fun without her, though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful place! Your second last photo is like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - this doesn't compare to the beauty of the beach you are on. But it's still my favorite!

      Delete