4sponser

Monday, June 25, 2012

Newport OR

Ok - I was a little disappointed on the trip out here.  Pouting a tad cause I wasn't going to Sanibel Island.  We landed in Portland OR then picked up a rental car and headed towards the coast.  It was about a three hour drive over, on top of a seven hour plane trip.  But it was such a pretty drive we didn't mind.

We made a pitstop at a rest area.  Even it was picturesque!


Cute little info center


Free Coffee


Lovely stream running beside the rest area.


And yes, this is just the rest area.  But it is very pretty!!  I love this state.  Stay tuned there will be lots and lots more to come.....

6 comments:

  1. Oh! You are teasing us! I'm so excited to see more of your Oregon trip. It is beautiful close to the coast, and along the rivers. (Once you reach the middle of the state going towards Idaho it gets very drab)Can't wait to see another post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Della - I had to tease you just a tad! But really I did think that rest area with the stream was so pretty - of course I hadn't made it to the coast yet.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful getaway. I love Oregon too and will be heading up on Sunday for about two weeks...a working vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first trip and I loved every minute of it. We only stayed one week - two would be heaven!! Even a working vacation there has to be relaxing. It is so amazingly beautiful.

      Delete
  3. lucky you! yes, does look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annmarie - stayed tuned "cause you aint seen nothin yet"!

      Delete