4sponser

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pigeon Forge TN - Old Mill

I am trying again to post "the one that got away".   I still don't know what happened to it.  Weird, huh?

Whenever I go to Gatlinburg we always make a couple of trips to Pigeon Forge.  Although if Pigeon Forge keeps growing it will be the same city as Gatlinburg.  I mean, you can't tell where Sevierville ends and Pigeon Forge begins anymore.  They used to be quite separated.  I'm not sure if I like the growth or not.

Anyway one of our "must" stops is to The Old Mill.  It is just a little ways off the main drag and I think it is so pretty


And it actually is that - An Old Mill.  I think they still ground things to this day.  I know they have a restaurant and it is a must visit if you like country cooking.  I mean, com'on, you are in the heart of country, TN,  you gotta have some country cookin'.  This is the place to get it and take some gorgeous photos while you are at it.


If I remember correctly I think you can walk to the Candy Store featured in my other post and to a few gift shops when you park in this area.  I love it!!


I love anywhere that you can park and walk to get something good to eat and then go out and hit a few gift shops and then have a little something sweet in the candy shop, all the while having photo opportunities after photo ops with all the pretty surroundings!!

These first three shots are unedited so I took a quick moment to hop by picmonkey and hurriedly applied orton to this picture since I've heard a couple of you sing the praises of "orton"  I must admit it did make a pretty picture.


Can you tell the difference between these last two pics?

Okay - one more effect and then I must get back to work.......This one is called "gritty"  I am going to post this before it disappears!!

19 comments:

  1. The mill is nice isn't it? We go every couple of years. Great shots of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I haven't been in a while. I think it's time to grab a girlfriend and go.

      Delete
  2. We absolutely love visting the Smoky Mountain area, especially Pigeon Forge/Sevierville/Gatlinburg. The Old Mill Restaurant is a long-time favorite, as well. Amazing Southern food. Love your photos of the old mill. We generally go in autumn, so it's nice to see it in spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dayle. I lovE going there as well. It's time for another trip.

      Delete
  3. I haven't been to Pigeon Forge. I think I've been missing out a bit. Love the old Mill, and that last pic is so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like Pigeon forge and Gatlinburg in the heart of the Smokies!! It is beautiful there.

      Delete
  4. I love the pictures, I can see why that is one of your stops!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol and yes I would stop here even if they didn't serve fab food just because it's lovely to look at.

      Delete
  5. How gorgeous! I especially love all that water! Where i live the rivers are dry and filled with sand and rocks instead...
    thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment on my little lacy dress. got me to visit you.
    i like your blog! am following you now with gfc and would be honored if you would like to follow back, but no hard feelings if not :-9
    hugs
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  6. The treatment to the last foto is awesome. That's a hanger upper. Did you use picassa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I used pic monkey and the effect was "gritty" All I did was click on it - I made no further edits.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful place! I love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Cristina. Yours are gorgeous as well!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful pictures! They're perfect straight out of the camera, but I love what PicMonkey has done to them, especially orton. So much fun, isn't it? Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you7 Betsy - it really is so much fun and when I am able to sit and play for awhile I think I will like it even more. As it is now I try to squeeze everything in between my work.

      Delete
  9. The Old Mill is very picturesque, especially with the petunias in the foreground too. My favourite is your second photo as I can see the mill and waterfall clearly. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much - I like the focus on the water too, but thought it was cool to do both.

      Delete
  10. What an interesting idea, sharing the same image several times taken with different speed/aperture/effects! :o) Plus it's a lovely view!

    ReplyDelete