4sponser

Monday, December 17, 2012

As the bottles turn..........

I decided to make some Christmas bottles.  I really don't decorate for the holidays / seasons but am enjoying altering these bottles too much not to.  Plus I get an excuse to drink the Starbucks coffee that came in them  Anyone with me on that?  I LOVE that stuff even more than the coffees in the store.


Start with empty Starbucks bottles. I used "goo gone" toget rid of the adhesive left after removing labels.  Quick and so easy.  I finally remembered to take some "during" photos.  That way you know that I am not cheating and posting someone else's work.  Not that anyone would do that, really, I mean no one would!! LOL  We have our dignity to think about. You can see some of my other creations in the background.  Shell bottles, bottles in blue...


I grabbed my bottles and some mod podge, along with some ribbon from the Dollar Tree and got to gluing. This ribbon has some wire in it so it wasn't as easy to glue the ends to the bottle as the blue ribbon was. 



And of course my favorite thing right now, GLITTER craft paint.  I painted the bottles and again I left it kinda translucent. 


Spray painted the lids with metallic gold and brushed a little glitter paint across them.  I placed the ribbon in different angles on the bottle.


Tied on some glitter ribbons that i got at the Dollar Tree as well.  5 for $1 - I didn't think that was too bad.


I used two different ribbons.  The solid colored ribbon is really not that yellow.  Anyway - some inexpensive Christmas decor.  I figured that each bottle cost less than two dollars to make.


What do you think?  Is this something you would use in a vignette?  I really don't know what I am going to do with all this stuff but I am really enjoying making them.

Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

  1. These are cool! You could fill them with wrapped candies, and things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! :)

    Hi sweetie, followed your blog. I hope you follow back! Thanks!
    www.swirlsandscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bottles! Thanks for the comment on my blog! Yes! The pushpin holds the ring on great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! So pretty and such a thrifty project too. They'd look great in a vignette maybe with a little greenery. Thanks for sharing Roxanne. Merry Christmas to you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable! I'm with you, bring on the Starbucks coffee!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! I love them!

    ReplyDelete